Bill O’Reilly Dropped By Literary Agency

Bill O’Reilly attends The Hollywood Reporter’s “35 Most Powerful People in Media” celebration at the Four Seasons Restaurant on Wednesday, April 6, 2016, in New York. William Morris Entertainment announced Thursday that it would not be working with the former Fox News host and best-selling author on “future deals.” The agency said it would honor projects “under contract.” O’Reilly has for years been one of the most popular nonfiction writers in the country. He has sold millions of copies through his historical “Killing” series, including “Killing Kennedy” and “Killing Lincoln.” (Photo by Andy Kropa/Invision/AP)

NEW YORK — Bill O’Reilly has been dropped by his literary agency.

“We no longer represent Bill O’Reilly for future deals,” William Morris Entertainment announced Thursday. “It is our fiduciary responsibility to service the existing deals we have under contract, but we will not be working with him moving forward.”

O’Reilly spokesman Mark Fabiani said there was no comment “at the moment.” O’Reilly’s publisher, Henry Holt & Company, did not immediately respond to requests for comment. O’Reilly is under a multi-book contract with publisher Holt, including for at least one more “Killing” book. In May, Holt president and publisher Stephen Rubin told The Associated Press that he was “totally committed to Bill, long-term.”

“We have created the most successful adult nonfiction franchise in recent publishing history and we are thrilled to continue it,” Rubin said at the time.

According to Holt, more than 17 million copies of O’Reilly’s “Killing” series are in print. The historical books, co-written by Martin Dugard, include “Killing Kennedy” and “Killing Lincoln.” The most recent book, “Killing England,” was published last month and quickly topped the nonfiction best-seller list of The New York Times, although sales have been lower than with his previous works. “Killing England” was the first O’Reilly book to come out since he was forced out of Fox in April amid numerous allegations of sexual harassment.

More recently, The New York Times reported that O’Reilly paid $32 million to a Fox legal analyst to settle a harassment claim. The conservative commentator has denied any wrongdoing, telling the AP in May that he was the victim of false and ideologically driven attacks.

By HILLEL ITALIE - Oct 26 2:58 PM EDT AP

 
 

News Sources

  • ABC
  • Access Hollywood
  • Associated Press
  • BBC
  • Bloomberg
  • Boston Globe
  • C-SPAN
  • CBS
  • Chicago Sun-Times
  • Christian Science Monitor
  • Center for Public Integrity
  • CNN
  • Congressional Quarterly
  • Democracy Now!
  • Digg
  • E! Online
  • Entertainment Weekly
  • Financial Times
  • Forbes
  • Foreign Policy
  • Fortune
  • Front Street Magazine

  • Administrator : Dascot
  • Administrator : Peter Starr
  • Editor: Ava Greenberg
  • Editor: Seth Walton
  • Contributor: Jerry Adler
  • News Sources

  • Fox News
  • Google News
  • Guardian
  • Huffington Post
  • Independent
  • LA Weekly
  • Los Angeles Times
  • McClatchy
  • Mother Jones
  • National Journal
  • NBC New
  • New York Post
  • New York Times
  • Newsweek
  • Newsy
  • NPR
  • PBS NewsHour
  • People
  • Politico
  • Reuters
  • TPM
  • Washington Post
  • Thanks For Your Support!

    Advertisement
     

    Copyright © 2017 Front Street. All Rights Reserved.